Terms and Conditions
1) Quotes are valid for 30 days from the date of issue. If the customer needs would like to extend the start date of works by one month or greater than the date Heywood Heating is ready to proceed, the price quoted will no longer be valid.
2) Heywood Heating are able to make additional charges, should the customer request to suspend or vary the works or have them carried out outside of normal working hours. The same applies if remedial works not apparent at the time of estimation show themselves as necessary during the scheduled work.
3) If any hazardous substances, such as asbestos, are found on the property during the works, works will cease until Heywood Heating and the client have acted upon any local or national regulations and requirements. This may incur additional charges if these actions are not covered in the original quote. However, if the substance must be removed or left in place without alteration or additional works, this will fall to the customer and the safety of the working area will be their responsibility.
4) Heywood Heating accepts no liability if works are delayed due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
5) Quotations are given, and installations undertaken, by Heywood Heating under the condition of full obtainment of any necessary licenses, authorities or permissions, including the consent of the Landlord or Local Council.
6) Heywood Heating cannot be held responsible for any damages to decorations, fittings, existing pipework or other appliances during the normal installation or removal of fixtures and fittings. This includes the rare but possible happening of leaks, airlocks and/or blockages as a result of powerflushing, rodding or installing pressurised systems, as well as any damage that occurs whilst taking up carpets, wooden floorboards and other floor coverings. We will take our utmost care to prevent these issues but are not liable should they occur.
9) Should the customer choose to supply the materials for scheduled works, they are responsible for any missing items necessary to carry out the job or any faulty parts. Heywood Heating reserve the right to charge for any necessary materials and for any extra time incurred as a result of needing to carry out unplanned purchases.
10) If works are agreed to and materials purchased, Heywood Heating reserve the right to charge for said materials, should you cancel. If works are scheduled and you cancel with less than twenty-four hours’ notice, we again reserve the right to charge you for this. Charges for such cancellation shall be as per the prices quoted in the original quote provided to you for the works or per our rates page (www.heywoodheating.co.uk/
11) Heywood Heating offers a twelve-month guarantee on their labour, as well as the duration of the guarantee given by the manufacturers of any materials used. Any faults or dissatisfaction must be reported to Heywood Heating within twelve months of being completed, in which case Heywood Heating will carry out necessary remedial works at their own expense. If this twelve-month period has expired but the item is still within its manufacturer’s guarantee, we reserve the right to charge for labour when replacing any parts. If faults occur but, upon investigation, Heywood Heating finds the installation to be correct, Heywood Heating cannot be held responsible for said faults.
12) The customer agrees that if they do not contact Heywood Heating within the aforementioned twelve months after works, Heywood Heating shall have no liability, and agrees to let their insurers inspect any works carried out by Heywood Heating.
13) These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by Heywood Heating’s duly authorised representative and the customer. Heywood Heating’s terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by the customer or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to Heywood Heating by the customer. By entering into a contract with Heywood Heating, the customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
14) These terms and conditions, and all contracts awarded between Heywood Heating and the customer, shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subjected to its exclusive jurisdiction.
15) All balances for works will become due upon completion/commissioning, in full by debit/credit card payment or via internet/telephone banking transfer. A monthly interest of 4% will be charged on outstanding amounts owed to Heywood Heating. The total charge to the customer will be the time spent by Heywood Heating carrying out the agreed work. It will include up to one hour spent obtaining materials.