Which Boiler is Best for Your Home?
When choosing a new boiler, you are making a substantial investment for your home so it is important to be well informed about the different types of boilers available to you, along with their pros and cons. A boiler that is ideal for a studio is often not the best option for a 4 bedroom home. Comparing your options is the best way to ensure you pick the perfect boiler for your property and lifestyle.
• You save space that would otherwise be taken up by a hot water cylinder
• If you want to take a shower/bath you get instant hot water at mains pressure
• Very efficient and cheaper to install and run
• Ideal for small, low occupancy homes
• Loss of airing cupboard
• You will have no hot water in the event of your combi boiler failing
• The flow of hot water is affected if someone else is drawing water in another part of the house, meaning no simultaneous baths and sometimes showers
• Still functions well even if the mains pressure is low
• Easy to maintain
• Can supply hot water to more than one outlet simultaneously
• You can install an immersion heater to the hot water cylinder in the case of boiler breakdown
• Compatible with older heating systems
• Water takes time to heat up – and hot water can run out and take time to reheat
• Less effective than combi boilers; heat is lost as water is stored
• Pressure flow for showers can be low
• More space is needed for hot and cold tanks
As you can see, there is a lot of variation when it comes to the different types of boilers available. To get more advice on which type might be right for you, please feel free to contact one of our expert heating technicians to find out more.